16 June 2008

Without Our Eyes, We Can't See

People tend to be extremely judgmental and rather biased in their vague opinions of others, as well as of the world around them. We don't seem to be able to comprehend that which we cannot see; we're blind in this world, and we touch but don't feel, we shout but don't hear, and we wait for miracles without opening our blurred eyes. Our whole race is a handicap to the rest of the world, a disastrous distraction that can't see the harm we're causing to ourselves and the world around us.

No, I'm not going on a tree-hugger's rant. I am more concerned about the damage people do to those around them simply because they are either too pig-headed, too selfish, or too arrogant to notice or too heartless and cold to care. Well, I for one am tired of being hurt. I'm tired of watching as others get walked all over. I'm tired of seeing the pain hidden carefully behind smiling eyes. I'm tired of having to see the blood of victims spilled without a proper cause. I'm tired of reading headlines about another bullet to the skull of the kid no one cared about.

Make a difference in someone's life. Don't be the reason they want to hurt themselves or even kill themselves. Be their Hope. Without hope, we're totally lost in the world, and hopelessness is not a fun feeling. I, for one, know what that feels like, and seven hundred scars later, here I stand, hoping for something more. Smile at those you don't like, laugh with those you do, but most importantly, love all of them. Have honest conversations and help where you can. You and I, we can make a difference. Hope is here. You just have to embrace it.

2 comments:

Liz said...

This is beautiful.

i agree with this all so much.

Hope is here.
You just have to open your eyes to it.


=]

Charnita said...

you are an amazing writer and i am proud of your growth and willingness to share your hope, and faith .